Ryobi ES5500 Stud Sensor connects to your smart Phone and integrates, giving you the ability to detect studs in walls using your phone and this device.
Nice idea, but does it work?
Read our review of the Ryobi ES5500 stud finder to find out.
A Stud Finder that works with Smart Phone
A Stud Finder that works with Smart Phone
|Ryobi ES5500 Phone Works Stud Sensor||Weight: 2.4 Pound
Dimension: 4.1 x 3.9 x 1.7 inches
Package Quantity: 1
Certification: certified frustration-free
|Check On Amazon|
The way it works is the same as most stud finders works but it connects to your phone and gives you a display on your screen of what it’s finding and how things are going.
It’s a nice concept.
It detects studs up to 3-4 inches into drywall.
Pro & Cons of Ryobi ES5500 Stud Sensor
- It is a smart detector as we are connecting it with a smartphone.
- It can detect the stud up to 3 to 4 inches behind the drywall.
- You can use it very easily and can also mark the structural elements.
- You can also adjust the screen timeout in your smartphone by making changes in the settings of the phone.
- According to a customer review, sometimes, it does not give accurate readings. But when I tried it, then it just over my expectations.
Specifications of Ryobi ES5500 Stud Sensor
|Item Colour: Grey and Yellow|
|Item model number: ES5500|
|Item Package Quantity: 1|
|Battery Cell Type: Lithium|
|Batteries: 1 AAA batteries|
|Batteries Included?: No|
|Batteries Required?: No|
Ryobi ES5500 Stud Sensor Features
- Ryobi is a somewhat different stud finder where you can find the stud under drywall up to 3 to 4 inches deep by using smartphone-controlled calibration.
- It is favorable for iPhone (OS 6.0 or later) and other Android phones (version 4.0 or later).
- You can get the live tracking of stud location from your smartphone screen.
- It can also accurately calculate the center stud within 1/8 inches.
- As its designing indicates, it is a one-handed stud marker for no-mess stud making.
- The stud scanning device is attached to the phone’s audio port and then sends the image to your phone’s screen where you can quickly locate the stud.
- Now, you can find the studs from your smartphone with Ryobi phone works stud finding device and app. It gives you more functional and accurate readings.
What to know before buying Ryobi ES5500 Stud Sensor
The Ryobi ES5500 is different from most stud finders because, for one, it looks much better! It just looks slick and modern while at the same time it’s not too big or ‘in the way’.
It’s been said that it sometimes gives slightly inaccurate readings, and doesn’t always give a correct reading on the screen.
Well, it looks great, the concept is good and most of the time it works fine! Not and for the price, however, we’d suggest going with something a little more complex and accurate, if you’re in need of a serious bit of kit.
What makes Ryobi ES5500 Stud Sensor different from other stud finders?
From my point of view, the addition of a smartphone app and then connecting it to the stud finder is one of the additional features of this tool if we compare it with other stud finders.
Connecting Ryobi ES5500 to the smartphone is the most astonishing feature. You can download the app from the play store or google play.
After this, you can install it on your android phone. You must connect it to the Ryobi ES5500 according to the instructions given in the app.
Q 1: How can we register for the phone while finding stud from Ryobi ES5500?
Ans: For this purpose, the device registration is essential on the phone within the app. It will not work on the website.
You have to download the application from the Google Play Store or Google Play. You must ensure that you have a good Wi-Fi connection or cellular connection.
After downloading the app, you have to log in with your email id. Make sure that when you are closing the application, you must not log out.
When you reopen the app, you will see the Ryobi phone works screen appear.
Now select your device in which you want to register.
Then you have to enter your serial number from the data label. After that, select your country and then select done.
Make sure when you are doing all this process, you are not using your phone for a call.
Q 2: What should I do when my screen is timing out during stud finding?
Ans: All this depends on the settings on your phone. If you think that your screen is timing out when you are using the app for stud finding by connecting it to the Ryobi ES5500. For this purpose, go to the settings on your phone.
An option comes on the phone which is “ screen time out.” You must allow it for longer screen activity time. Then you will not have any problem while finding the stud as you have increased your Screen timeout.
Q 3: What is the wrong time, and how can I maximize it?
Ans: There are many factors on which the runtime of the device depends. You must make sure that you are using the fresh batteries to maximize your run time. It is a piece of excellent advice to disable the camera function when you do not need it while running the app.
Q 4: How can I know if my device is compatible or not compatible with the phone works app?
Ans: For this purpose, the manufacturers are continually testing the new products with the devices. You can check the device to get information about which type of Android phones or iPhones can connect it with the stud finder. The website also gives information for the most up-to-date capability information.
Q 5: Can Ryobi phone works check the moisture level on the wood, drywall, or cement with a moisture meter and app?
Ans: Yes, this is a fantastic feature where the Ryobi phone works can detect the moisture level with the help of moisture meter with more confidence and functionality.
We can also call it a moisture meter. The Ryobi phone works now introduce a better and smarter way to track the moisture content and even monitor it in the drywall, building materials, cement, or wood.
- It can easily detect the water content in drywall, cement, wood, or building materials.
- It will give you the percentage of humidity level on your smartphone screen. The humidity level is based on environmental conditions.
Q.What is the Warranty of Ryobi ES5500 Stud Sensor?
Ans: The Ryobi ES5500 comes with a three-year warranty, which is a great thing. There is also 90 days exchange policy with the help of which you can exchange the tool if you are not satisfied with it or if it does not work correctly.
Batteries and power tool accessories are excluded from the 3 years warranty. However, they are included in the 90 days return policy.
Now you can transform your phone into your smart tool for finding the stud. You can also locate the center of the stud with the help of a Ryobi stud finder. The fantastic and latest feature of Ryobi ES5500 is that it works with Ryobi phone works mobile app and stud finder device.
So it all depends on the technology of the smartphone to transform your phone into a smart stud finder. There is a stud scanning device that is attached to your phone’s audio port and then sends the image to the smartphone screen where you can quickly locate the studs behind the drywall up to three to four inches thick.