It can detect studs and joists, ferrous and nonferrous metals, and live wires. But does it live up to expectations?
Let’s have a quick look before going into a deep review of Zircon MS 740:
|Zircon MS 740 Multiscanner||Weight: 4.8 ounces
Dimension: 8.5 x 4 x 2 inches
Customer Reviews: 3.9 out of 5 stars
|Check On Amazon|
This Zircon has Spotlite pointing technology to show you the exact location of stud centers, and an erasable marker so that you can mark studs and detections as you go.
Zircon MS 740 Comes with ACT (auto-correcting technology):
It also has ACT (auto-correcting technology) which corrects the human error, such as starting scanning over a stud.
- This is a feature that many other Zircon models lack, and something that puts this model up there with the more expensive devices.
- These features all mean that you can be confident in the readings from this device.
- Where other devices might take multiple scans to get the precise location of studs, the MS 740 provides accuracy and precision on the first scan.
Table of Contents
Which makes Zircon MS 740 more professional?
Zircon models are known for being easy to use, and this device is no different.
In fact, it’s definitely one of the best stud finders of 2020.
This Multiscanner has a floating head, that keeps the scanner flat, even on rough or textured surfaces.
Other models might produce inaccurate results when used on uneven surfaces, but the MS 740 is much more reliable on surfaces of all kinds.
It is just as easy to use, regardless of what you have to work with.
- The erasable marker also makes it much easier to use than other devices, as you can both operate it and mark detections easily with one hand.
- Fact, backlit LCD screen also makes results easy to read, as indicators on the screen will tell you what has been detected.
- Moreover, thanks to the signal strength indicator, how deep the detection lies beneath the surface.
- Listen, The screen also uses ‘any angle viewing technology, so no matter what angle you hope to read the screen from, you’ll be able to see readings clearly.
- This might seem like a minor feature, but you’ll be surprised how much of a difference it makes.
- It means that you’re less likely to make any errors when noting the results of scanning.
- The unique floating head design keeps the sensor flat on hard, textured surfaces increasing the accuracy of results.
- With scan mode, locate the center, edges, and wooden or metal directional buttons up to 3/4 “Deep
- Metal Scan Mode locates metal, non-ferrous such as Copper, tube, up to 1.5 inches deep, and ferrous metals, such as Bars, up to 3 inches deep.
- AC scanned finds and Live waste, unshielded power cord up to 2 inches deep.
- The integrated erasable marker allows for one-hand operation.
- It has an AC scan that finds the unshielded power cord up to 2 inches deep.
- Moreover, It also has metals scan Mode with the help of which it can locate metal non-ferrous such as Copper.
- Also, Ms70 has a stylish floating head design which keeps the sensor flat on hard surfaces and increases the accuracy of results.
- The good thing about zircon Ms 740 is that it can detect and distinguish between ferrous metals such as rebel.
- MS 740 Stud Finder is made to locate either the wooden studs, live wires, metals on any working surface.
|Product weight: 4.8 ounces|
|Product dimensions: 8.5 x 4 x 2 inches|
|Size: Integrated Wall Marker|
|Colour: Backlit LCD Display|
|Style: MS 740 with Wall Marker|
|Item Pack Qty: one|
|Certification certified frustration-free|
|Are batteries included?: Not|
|Components included: (1) Zircon Multi Scanner 740|
|Are batteries needed?: Yes|
Zircon MS 740 Multiscanner Professional points:
Many stud finders specialize in finding wooden studs, or metals, or live wires beneath the surface, but this device can detect all of them.
Check out this, It can detect non-ferrous metals up to 1.5 inches, and ferrous metals up to 3 inches deep, which would be considered a ‘deep scan’ with many other devices.
Moreover, It can also detect live wires up to 2 inches deep, which is something you’ll definitely need to know before you start drilling into any surfaces.
Whilst the device has a specific setting for detecting electrical current.
it also detects AC current when on stud scan mode, so that you’re definitely aware of any hidden wires.
The incredible Zircon MS 740 is one of the best Zircon models if you’re looking for a device that can do everything.
It’s reliable and accurate, and definitely worth buying if you’re just looking for a device that you know will work with no trouble.
Like every stud finder, you’ll need to read the manual to grasp the different modes and their limitations in terms of depth.
What is the lifetime of Zircon MS 740 Multiscanner?
Unlike other stud finders, the Zircon MS 740 lasts a fair old while.
The device is programmed not to turn on until it’s engaged with a flat surface, which means that there’s no risk of running the battery down whilst you’re not using it.
If you use the erasable marker a lot, you’ll probably be concerned about the moment when it inevitably runs out.
Zircon has thought about that with this model, and include 3 extra refills which will keep you going for a while.
What is the Price of Zircon MS 740 Multiscanner?
So, as you can see, it’s a device that’s reliable and accurate, and perfect for both one-time DIYers and professionals.
Most stud finders that would also suit professionals are priced a little more on the expensive side, but the Zircon MS 740 is priced fairly reasonably.
what is the battery Performance of Zircon MS 740?
Zircon MS 740 has a 9-volt battery, which can last longer than most of its competitors.
It is made in a way that you must turn on the battery when it’s engaged with a flat surface.
Zircon multi scanner 740 is the best electronic stud finder.
The price of this multi scanner is not very high. So it is an affordable multi scanner.
There are many multi scanners present in the market, but zircon MS 740 is accurate and easy to use.
The good thing about the multi-scanner 740 is that it comes with a handy manual with the help of which you can understand what the different modes can do and what is the limitations of the depth and so on.