The Zircon Multiscanner I700 Onestep is one of the more high tech electric stud finders. It includes 3 different scan modes:
- Stud scan mode
- Deep scan mode
- Metal scan mode
Let’s have a quick look at Zircon Multiscanner I700.
|Zircon Multiscanner I700||Weight: 9.9 Pound
Dimension: 5.9 x 12.2 x 2.4 inches
Package Quantity: 1
|Check On Amazon|
So not only is it capable of detecting both wood and metal studs and joists, but it also scans for live, unshielded electrical wires.The first thing you’re going to want to know about is accuracy, right?
You need the job done correctly and safely. The I700 uses an ultra-bright LCD screen that shows an image of studs as you pass over them.
The image will show you the stud from edge to edge, whilst the spotlight pointing system will direct you straight to its center.
This combined with the signal strength indicator, which distinguishes between shallow and deep detections, means that not only are we given the location of studs up to 3/4 inch deep, but also a fairly accurate sense of their dimensions.
- It is a fantastic stud scanner with the help of which we can locate the center of the wood or metal studs as well as the edges.
- It can identify the metal studs up to 3 to 4 inches deep.
- You can also trace live and unshielded electric wires but up to 2 inches deep.
- You can locate the direction and center of the studs with the help of ultra-bright LCD screen indication.
- There is also a metal scan mode that detects the ferrous metals such as steel pipe up to 3 inches deep.
- It is also equipped with deep scanning mode.
- There is also an auto-correcting technology in zircon multi scanner i700 which can automatically correct the standard errors.
- It can do the scanning very quickly on the rough surfaces because of its unique floating head design.
|Dimensions: 12 x 5.5 x 1.5 inches|
|Item Package Quantity: 1|
|Batteries Required?: Yes|
In this multi scanner, a manual is present which can make your work easier. For installing the battery, you have to press the battery. It is released and then connected to the 9-volt battery. Then shut the battery door.
In the manual, you will get all the information regarding this multi scanner and what is its properties. For getting accurate and precise results, you must hold the multi scanner properly in your hand and move slowly while scanning.
There is Ultra-bright display, AC mode, wire warning detection indication, deep scanning, and much more in this multi scanner.
The quality of manufacturing with the I700 Onestep is debatable, as it’s lack of case has proved to be a problem to some.
Being made from only plastic and flexible rubber it can get bashed around somewhat if thrown into a toolbox with other more weighty implements (which, let’s face it, is quite likely).
However, this could be rectified with a makeshift case/container/cover – just something to protect the device from receiving a battering in the back of the van.
Though perhaps slightly more pricey than other electric stud finders its accuracy and reliability justify the extra expense.
Furthermore, with plenty of accounts of its durability, it should last you a fair while, so no need to splash out on a replacement any time soon.
Whilst 3/4 inches doesn’t seem particularly deep, you can choose to extend the accuracy of your scans by choosing ‘deep scan mode’ which doubles its detection range to 1 1/2 inches.
- However accurate the technology may be though, moving slowly over surfaces and scanning signals a couple of times to clarify dimensions is always a good idea to ensure the best results.
- As for reliability, the Zircon Multiscanner I700 Onestep has featured like Zircon MS 540 Multiscanner to make sure you stay safe whilst using it and don’t miss anything.
- The AC scanner scans for live unshielded, electrical wires that could cause injury were you to stumble across it by surprise.
- This feature is always on, whether the device is in ‘stud scan mode’ or ‘metal scan mode’, so you can rest assured you won’t have to backtrack and do a separate scan for live currents.
- Most mistakes in reliability come from human error, often it can’t be helped, but it can be fatal.
- The built-in auto-correcting technology (ACT) ensures that common mistakes are put right so that the results of scanning are just as reliable.
- Let’s say you were to begin scanning over a stud or a live wire and move away from it, or even just pass over one a little too quickly, the LCD screen would display an arrow directing you back to anything you might have missed.
- There is also an audible beeping whenever anything is detected so there’s little chance of you misunderstanding the signals or overlooking anything.
The most likely circumstance that would cause errors in readings is if you were to move too quickly over surfaces; keeping it slow and as steady as you can provide the best results.
Zircon Multiscanner i700 battery
Zircon multi scanner i700 is equipped with a 9-volt battery. When you start the multi scanner, then, first of all, you have to install the battery. After that, the multi scanner begins working.
The weight of zircon multi scanner i700 is 8.8 ounces. It is light in weight and easy to handle and carry. You can take a zircon multi scanner anywhere you want and start the scanning process.
The manufacturers of zircon multi scanner i700 give you the one year warranty from the date of purchase. It assures you of materials that the product is free from defects.
Fast in Results.
Zircon multi scanner i700 is a unique and incredible multi scanner. One of the other features of this tool is its floating head. It also has a dual spotlight pointing system.
It can quickly locate the wood and metal studs with the help of wall scanning. With the help of the erasable marker, you can quickly find your target.
Q 1: Is this Zircon multi scanner can detect the live AC wires?
Ans: Yes, zircon multi scanner i700 is a fantastic multi scanner and can also identify the live AC wires. The depth at which it detects the live AC wires is 2 inches.
Q 2: How do I calibrate the multi scanner i700
Ans: zircon multi scanner i700 is very more comfortable to use, and for the calibration, you have to place the multi scanner on the wall. Then press and hold the power button and wait for 1 to 2 seconds.
Then the tool automatically starts calibrating to the surface of the wall. If you see any calibration error, then this zircon multi scanner i700 automatically beep, and the lights may flash.
After that, you must release your finger from the power button. Now, move the multi scanner to some distance more to the left or right and again begin the calibration process.
Q 3: How can we differentiate between the metal and wood studs?
Ans: This is very easy if you want to distinguish between the metal and wood studs.
If you’re going to locate the metal studs, then you have to switch the multi scanner to the metal scan mode, and if you want to discover the wood studs, then you have to switch the multi scanner to a wood scan mode.
But usually, the multi scanner is designed to detect the metals close to the wall services such as nails or screws.
Q 4: Can we find the studs behind the tiled wall?
Ans: No, we cannot detect the stud within the tiled wall with the help of zircon multi scanner i700. This is because the two tile walls are alike.
It is actually a multi scanner where you can detect the metal studs or wood studs. You can also locate the live AC wiring with this multi scanner.
Q 5: Is multi scanner 700 can detect ferrous and non-ferrous metals?
Ans: Yes, zircon multi scanner i700 can quickly identify the non-ferrous metals such as copper pipe up to 1 and a half inches deep. It can also detect ferrous metals such as rebar up to 3 inches deep.
Zircon multi scanner i700 is a multifunctional scanner that can locate the wood studs, metal studs, and even the live AC wiring.
You can also quickly locate the edges and center of the wood and metal studs. So, if you want to detect any of the material regarding your detection, then zircon multi scanner i700 is ideal for you.
The good thing about this multi scanner is that it gives accurate and precise results on the Bright LCD screen. Multiscanner i700 can find the metal and wood studs with deep detection.