The Zircon Studsensor I65 Onestep has both an economical price and also a manufacturer that we have so far been able to rely on for quality – Zircon.
It’s for this reason that it’s one of the best stud finders in 2020.
It indicates studs with the same methods as other Zircon products (with a visual gauge and a spotlight) so if you’ve used others before then it shouldn’t be too difficult to adapt to this model.
|Zircon Studsensor I65||Weight: 2.4 ounces|
Dimension: 6 x 3 x 9 inches
Package Quantity: 1
|Check On Amazon|
It also has two different modes for detection:
1.Stud scan mode:
which detects studs up to 3/4 inch deep into the drywall
2.Deep Scan mode:
which doubles the range to 1 1/2 inches.
There is also Wire Warning detection which will alert you to any live wires beneath the surface.
This technology runs automatically alongside the two modes so whichever mode you’re in you’ll be aware of any wires to look out for.
Zircon StudSensor i65 Features
- Zircon StudSensor i65 has a fully charged 9V battery to run at the optimal performance.
- With Wire warning Technology, it can show the presence of live shielded electrical wires.
- You can also locate the edges of the wood and metal studs at 2.7 inches deep with a stud scan Mode of this stud scanner.
- It can indicate the presence of the stud with signal strength bars appearing on the screen, after which the red light is illuminated.
|Color of product: Yellow|
|Measurement System: Metric|
|Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces|
|Item Weight: 2.4 ounces|
|Dimensions: 6 x 3 x 9 inches|
|Batteries: 9V battery|
Many Zircons have been found to require slower movements and firm pressure to ensure they work to their full potential, and the Studsensor I65, in particular, relies on this.
One point to note with this product is that haste interferes with effectiveness.
But if you want the results quickly and without error, it’s worth focusing on a steady and firm hold and slow movements.
- You also need to hold the depth setting button whilst you scan so that you can get an accurate idea of stud dimensions.
This may all seem like a lot of hassle but for the money you’re saving by avoiding the more high tech models, it’s surely worth putting in that extra bit of effort.
- The I65 Onestep shows you both the location of the edges of studs, by using visual bars on the LCD display and also stud centers, by highlighting them with the built-in spotlight pointing system.
The different indicators for centers and edges avoid confusion and show both simultaneously.
- The LCD display will also point you in the direction of studs with an arrow, should you have passed over them when you began scanning, and the word ‘stud’ or ‘AC’ will appear along with an audible tone when you have found studs or live wires, so you can always be sure when and what you have detected.
- The signal strength indicator will also tell you how deep or shallow the target is.
- However, there is one aspect that this Zircon lacks clarity in and that’s when it comes to the material of detections, as it doesn’t have the technology to distinguish between wood and metal.
- Only if this was something you particularly needed to know from a stud finder would this Onestep not be adequate enough.
Zircon Studsensor I65 Manual
Sometimes, you may begin scanning and feel this stud finder isn’t picking up on anything at all, which, if that was the case, would make it entirely useless.
But this may then be an indication that your scan began over a stud.
If this happens, the ‘over the stud’ ACT (auto-correcting technology) should kick in and alert you to the error, but it’s equally as easy to spot this as a difference in the device’s response patterns.
You would then simply reset the depth setting and move the Zircon away from the spot you originally began on and find more accurate results by scanning from a different start point.
Summary of the I65 review
The Zircon Studsensor I65 Onestep is a reliable and accurate stud finder once you know how best to use it.
It tells you what you need to know, location and depth, and warns you of live wires that might otherwise be a nasty surprise, so you can get the job done quickly and safely.
It’s not as high tech as other, more advanced Zircons, but it gives you the necessary information for most of the tasks you would use a stud finder to tackle, and for a great price too!
Q 1: How to you use Zircon StudSensor i65?
Ans: First of all, place the Zircon StudSensor i65 across the wall.
Then you will push and hold the power button. The wood stud can be found where the Zircon StudSensor i65 starts calibrating.
Then you can locate the center of the stud by sliding it along the wall. The audio turns on, and the red light is on. Then mark the center of the start. You can check the accuracy by sliding the Zircon StudSensor i65 again on the wall.
Q 2: How do I find a stud with a zircon stud finder?
Ans: You can find a stud with the Zircon stud finder by placing the unit on the wall. Then turn on the stud finder and hold the side buttons at the same time.
Then slide the stud finder in the horizontal position on the wall. You can hear the sound with the light, which indicates the location of the stud. You must mark the point with the pencil to indicate the stud.
Q 3: How does a Zircon stud finder work?
Ans: You can find the edges of the wood and metal studs behind the walls with the help of the stud finder.
You can easily read the screen as it has an amazing display. It can identify the edge of the target with the help of a patented spotlight pointer system. The design of the Zircon StudSensor i65 is made in a way so that the user can hold it comfortably in his hand at any angle.
Q 4: Is this model of stud sensor work for double drywall?
Ans: Yes, Zircon Studsensor works very well for double-deep drywalls as it can deep scan the things.
Zircon StudSensor i65 is affordable and easy to use as a stud finder.
The quality of the materials used in this stud finder is also good. You can find the edges and center by buying this stud finder.
It has an auto-correction technology and wire warning detection, which makes it unique in the many stud finders available in the market.