The Zircon 61899 Studsensor is more simple and modest in appearance than a lot of the other Zircon stud finders, and it’s also one of the cheapest models there is.
None of us want to spend more money than we have to, but equally, if we’re going to spend money at all, we want to know that our purchase is worth it.
So is this Zircon a bargain or will it reveal more disappointment than studs?
|Zircon 61899 StudSensor||Weight: 4.2 ounces
Dimension: 18 x 3.9 x 12 inches
Item Package Quantity: 12
|Check On Amazon|
You won’t find a simpler stud finder stud sensor than this Zircon model. There are no complex settings to fiddle with and no ambiguous readings.
When you pass over the edge of a stud, the LED lights will light up, alerting you to the presence of a wooden or metal stud or joist.
- The center of the stud will trigger an audible beeping and a spotlight pointer so that you get the exact location of the stud.
- There will also be an audible beeping, just in case you struggle to see the lights.
- As well as being simple to use, it’s also simple in terms of what it delivers.
- This stud finder can’t distinguish between different materials or depths and can’t help you identify live wires.
- If you have a vague idea of what’s behind the surfaces of your scanning, this shouldn’t pose too much of a problem.
- But if you don’t, it’s better to be safe than sorry, so it might be wise to use this device alongside another that can detect more detail.
|You can locate the edges of the wood or metal studs with the help of stud scan mode up to 19-millimeter deep.|
|It can calibrate to any wall’s density with the help of Patented TruCal Technology, and it gives the steady green LED with the help of TruCal Light Alerts.|
|It is simple and easy to use a stud scanner.|
|It also deep scan but not so much deep. It usually detects up to 6 inches deep.|
|In another location. You can start the scan with the help of Zircon over the stud indicator alerts.|
|When the edge is approached, the red LED light-up every time.|
|It will give the green LED signals when the stud edge is reached.|
|The stud age can be found with the help of a patented spotlight pointing system and an audio alert.|
|It is the fantastic stud sensor giving you accurate results.|
- Overall Depth: 1-1/8 inch
- Maximum Scan Depth: 1-1/2 inch
- Battery Size: 9-volt
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
- Item Weight: 4.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 18 x 3.9 x 12 inches
- Indicator Type: LED, Audio Alert
Zircon 61899 Stud Finder Best Components:
- Some stud finders are easy to use and will give accurate and precise results regardless of whether they’re being used exactly as instructed, but the Zircon 61899 stud sensor needs you to focus a little more.
- You’ll need to make sure you use the stud sensor on flat surfaces and move it slowly across the surface with a steady hand.
- For definitely accurate results, it’s a good idea to scan walls more than once, just to make sure you get the exact location of studs and joists.
- When you do this, it’s also worth starting from different points, in case you started on top of a stud that wasn’t picked up.
Scanning Depth of Zircon 61899:
Some stud finders offer deep scanning up to 3 inches deep, other more impressive devices even stretching to 6-inch detection.
But the deep scanning on the Zircon 61899 studsensor isn’t quite as impressive, and can only detect studs and joists up to 1 ½ inches.
Furthermore, Depending on what you plan on doing after you’ve scanned your wall, this might not prove a problem for things like putting up a picture.
Moreover, if you’re going to be drilling a little deeper, you might want to look at a slightly more technical device, like the Zircon Metalliscanner MT6.
Zircon 61899 User Review Abstract:
- If you just need to do a bit of unexpected DIY, this stud finder is a good option.
- It’s cheap as chips and it will do the job.
- But it’s not the easiest to use, and if you don’t stick to the directions in the instruction booklet, you’ll likely receive inaccurate results, which could get you into some tricky situations.
Facts to know before buying Zircon 61899 :
If you’re a professional and you use stud finders regularly, it’s definitely worth forking out a little more for a more advanced stud finder.
Otherwise, you might find yourself needing to carry around multiple pieces of equipment for detecting studs and live wires, as the Zircon 61899 can’t detect live wires.
You also don’t want to risk inaccurate results.
If you’re after a device that does everything, check out the Bosch D-Tech 150 wall scanner, it’s a little more suitable for professionals.
Q 1: Which type of batteries can we use in a zircon stud finder?
Ans: Mostly, we use an Alkaline 9V battery in zircon 61899.
Keep this thing in miZircon 61899nd that there is an extended expiration date. When the battery is expired, then it will not do the proper operation.
Q 2: How to change the battery of the zircon 61899 stud sensor?
Ans: You can change the battery of this stud sensor in two steps.
First of all, open the battery compartment. Open the battery compartment door present on the back. Take out the old 9V alkaline battery and insert the new battery by matching the positive and negative terminals to the icons printed on the backside.
In the second step, you will snap the battery into place and replace the battery compartment door. Then close the compartment door.
Q 3: Is Zircon 61899 detect both the metal and wood studs?
Ans: As we discussed earlier there is a multi-scanner, so it can detect both the metal as well as wood studs.
It can start metal scanning, the stud finder must be a multi scanner stud finder and can also deep can.
When you receive the positive metal indications from the ceiling or floor, then this means you are locating a metal or an intermediate metal such as nails or screws.
Q 4: How can we calibrate the Zircon 61899?
Ans: Zircon 61899 is easy to use. All you have to do is to place the start finder flat against the wall. Now, we will press and hold the power button and wait for 1 to 2 seconds. The Zircon 61899 will automatically calibrate to the surface of the wall.
Q 5: What happens when the stud finder beep or blink?
Ans: Zircon 61899 stud finder will intermittently beep and blink the light when there is a calibration error while taking the reading.
So, it blinks for the beep when it is not giving an accurate result.
For this purpose, you have to release the finger from the power button and move this stud finder over a few inches to the left or right. Then press the power button again for 1 to 2 seconds and start the calibration process.
What is the Warranty of Zircon 6189?
Zircon 61899 Stud Sensor Pro gives you a one-year warranty.
Zircon 6189 stud sensor Pro is an affordable and easy to use a stud finder.
Now, you can find the edges of the wood or metal behind the stud walls with the help of this stud sensor.
It can do the deep scanning up to 6 inches deep normally. With the help of Red and Green LED lights, the stud can be easily approached.
Green LED light alerts the user that it is the time to scan in a new location, and also the tool is calibrated and ready to scan.