Today we’re looking at the VIVREAL stud finder and how it compares to other stud finders at this price range.
It’s a fun review and surely helpful too.
First Let’s has a quick look.
|Vivreal Stud Finder||Weight: 5.4 ounces|
Dimensions: 6 x 2.5 x 1 inches
Batteries Available: Yes
|Check On Amazon|
Doing your DIY project or home improvement in a poor manner could possibly result in catastrophic outcomes.
1. Best case scenario, you’ll drive a nail through a water pipe, and you’ll have to pay for professional repairs.
2.Worst case scenario – you’ll drive it through a live AC wire, which can result in severe injuries or worse.
So, if you’re hanging a family picture, renovating, mounting a TV, or working as a professional contractor, consider the VIVREAL Stud Finder as one of the most popular stud finders on the market.
This Stud Finder comes pre-loaded with various features, saving your time and energy, and allows you to work safely and securely.
Electronic components of this fantastic device come housed in a grayish-black ABS plastic chassis, measuring 6.5 x 2.8 x 1.1 inches. On the front side of the beam scanner, you’ll find an LCD for graphic indication.
Coupled with a green backlight for low-light conditions, it allows for maximum readability, displaying detection signal, intensity, detection mode, and battery indicator.
VIVREAL Stud Finder Battery:
It has an electronic beam detector, and unlike the magnetic types, it requires a battery to operate.
- The 6F 9V battery fits beneath the battery cover on the back of the chassis.
- Keep in mind that low battery power may affect device performance, resulting in false positives.
- This can happen in mid-work, so it’s recommended that you always carry an extra battery, to avoid inconvenience.
- The power button can be found on the side, along with a mode-switch on the front of the unit, below the LCD.
Thanks to the small audio speaker found next to the mode switch; the device signals an audio alert when detection is made.
The overall build of the VIVREAL Stud Finder is solid.
- It’s meant to be operated by a single hand, so it’s designed to weigh only 5.5 ounces, with the battery inside.
- This lightweight design protects your hand from fatigue when working for prolonged periods.
- The device is quite sturdy and portable; however, it’s not fall-resistant. Dropping the unit may damage it, and cause it to malfunction.
- The Stud Finder employs electronic components and actual sensor plates to pinpoint the exact location of beams and studs by scanning for changes in density.
- Calibrating the device is quite easy, and anyone can do it.
- You place the unit against the wall without studs, beams, nails, pipes, wires, or other metallic components.
- Press the scanning button, and the device will calibrate itself with high precision and accuracy, granting maximum reliability while reducing the errors of false positives.
The automatic calibration and increased accuracy, coupled with different scanning modes, make this unit suitable for professional use.
This Stud Findercomes loaded with four different scanning modes, selectable via slider-button below the LCD.
Modes in VIVREAL Stud Finder
If you’re looking for studs and beams in your walls and ceilings, you should select STUD mode.
It has a scanning depth up to ¾ of an inch.
If you’re scanning for metal objects, like rebar, or water pipes, you should switch to METAL mode.
Metal mode helps you find metallic objects up to a depth of 2 ¼ inches, even when you’re scanning concrete walls.
Scanning for studs and beams deep behind drywalls can be done by selecting the DEEP mode. It can scan up to the depth of 1 ½ inch.
For locating AC wires up to 2 inches in depth, use AC mode.
Keep in mind, however, that some AC lines have a metal cladding protection, and thus can’t be detected by stud finders.
If you’re aware of electrical lines in particular areas, but can’t read them with AC mode enabled, try switching the detector to METAL scan mode.
Stud finders, differently known as beam detectors or wall scanners, are a little-known wonder of the home improvement world.
They are handheld devices used to find framing studs located behind the wall surface, usually drywall.
However, unlike the first generation of magnetic wall scanners, modern ones use electronic components.
The use of electronic components allows these devices to scan for more than just studs behind drywalls.
Electronic scanners can also detect rebar in concrete walls, metallic water pipes, or live AC wires.
They accomplish this by scanning dielectric constants of various materials and changes in the density of the surface in proximity to the scanning sensor.
|This way, they can detect and pinpoint, not just the location of the stud, but its edges and center as well.
How do you use a Vivreal stud finder?
Answer: Use the following steps to use Vivreal stud finder Correctly.
- First of All Press the left side button.
- Select the scanning.
- Place the device on the scanning area and move the finder over it.
- When the object is found the stud finder will beep and its LCD will illuminate.
- Mark the object area with a pencil.
Why is the VIVREAL Stud Finder easy to use?
- It is designed to be operated with ease.
- So, if you’ve never used a stud finder before, don’t worry, you’ll get used to this model right away.
- This VIVREAL unit helps you locate edges and center of wood and metal studs, beams, rebar, pipes, and AC wires inside your walls, floors, and ceilings.
- It does so with ease, making any task more manageable by saving your time and energy.
- You have to use the slider-switch to select one of the four scanning modes.
- Once you’ve done that, scan horizontally across the wall surface, while holding the side-button pressed.
- When the detection is made, the peck shape will appear on the LCD, accompanied by a beeping signal alert.
The VIVREAL Stud Finder is the is the 4 in 1 stud finder. You can use multiple modes to find Different types of objects as mentioned above.
If you are looking for the best stud finder then I will suggest you to buy VIVREAL Stud Finder without any delay.