Today we’re reviewing the DRTULZ Stud Finder and we have to say, it’s pretty good.
Almost every home requires a stud finder at some point.
Shelves for a laundry room or bookshelves for a living room, a massive mirror, or a family portrait are all easier to hang if you have a stud finder.
Running out of time?
Let’s Check some main points of Drtulz Stud Finder.
|Weight: 6.4 ounces
Dimensions: 8.5 x 4.7 x 1.3 inches
|Check On Amazon
It makes all the difference between a majestically framed painting hanging on a wall, and that same portrait crashing down along with the chunk of drywall.
A stud finder is a device that helps you locate metal and wood studs behind the wall’s surface.
It’s a rather important tool for various types of projects, preventing you from damaging the drywall, or driving a nail into a water pipe.
Table of Contents
- The DRTULZ Stud Finder is not at its first generation.
- The latest model comes in a black ABS plastic housing, measuring 6.2 x 2.6 x 1.1 inches, with a battery cover on the back.
- On the front side of the device is a graphic LCD screen, with green backlighting.
- It allows for maximum readability, with clues in detection signal, signal intensity, detection mode, and battery indicator.
- The display outputs the signal strength of the objects you’re looking for, backed up by a built-in sound warning.
- The battery cover on the back of the chassis houses a 6F 9V battery (included), needed to power the device.
- There is a power button on the side, and a mode switch button on the front, below the LCD.
- Since the product is designed to be operated by hand, its overall weight is only 3.75oz, with the battery inside. This way, you can scan for studs for a prolonged period.
- The overall build and weight of the product are reasonable; there are no soft plastics or loose parts. It can withstand a great deal of basic handling and occasional bumps.
- However, falling may damage the unit, and cause it to malfunction due to the electronic components used in the build.
- A low battery can also affect the performance of the unit. It can be inconvenient if your battery dies in the middle of your work, so always carry an extra battery with you.
DRTULZ Stud Finder is an electronic stud finder, employing electronic components, and actual sensors to help you pinpoint the exact location of studs.
How does it do this?
- This is accomplished by scanning the wall for changes in density, and dielectric properties of various materials. On the first run, the scanner requires calibration.
- You don’t need to be a professional to calibrate the device properly; follow the instructions included in the user manual.
- Calibration is done by placing the device on the wall without wooden studs, nails, pipes, wires, or other metallic components. After this, the scanner will calibrate itself.
- The automatic calibration is quite precise and accurate, providing you with maximum reliability by significantly reducing errors of false positives.
DRTULZ Scanning Mode:
- DRTULZ comes equipped with four scanning modes: stud, deep, metal, and AC. Mode selection is quite easy via a slider-switch located below the LCD.
DRTULZ Stud Mode:
- STUD mode is used for finding a locating the center and edges of metal studs up to ¾ of an inch deep.
- If you’re scanning any deeper than that, you’ll have to switch to DEEP mode, which allows for a 1½ inch deep scan.
DRTULZ Metal Mode:
- METAL mode helps you find metallic objects, like rebar, or water pipes up to a depth of 2¼ inches. AC mode is used for locating live AC wires up to 2 inches deep.
- However, be advised that a metal cladding may protect some electrical lines.
- If you’re aware of AC lines in a particular location, but can’t detect them with the AC mode, switch the device to METAL scan mode.
- You don’t have to be an experienced professional to use the DRTULZ Stud Finder.
- It’s designed to help you locate the edges and center of metal studs, rebar, pipes, joints walls, ceilings, and floors, as well as live AC wires.
- Even if you’ve never used a stud finder before, you’ll get used to this model right away.
Pretty cool, right?
- The fast detection makes any task more manageable by saving you time and effort.
- Just use the slider-button to select one of the four scanning modes.
- After you’ve chosen the scan type, press and hold the side button, and scan horizontally across the wall surface.
- Stably move the scanner, scanning from left to right (or up and down).
- When an object is found, the peck shape will appear on the LCD.
What does AC mean on a stud finder?
Ans: When we talk about AC in stud finder it means we are referring to scanning mode. The stud finder can work be used to find Meta, water pipe, etc.
How do I know if there are wires behind a wall?
Ans: First of all turn the wire tracing mode on. Then Keep the Stud finder near to the wall and scan. When you see the indication from your Finder here is the wire behind the wall.
The DRTULZ Stud Finder comes equipped with a beeping signal alert, which will beep continually when detection is made.
The sound warning, coupled with an LCD screen helps to detect stud location more accurately.
These audible and visible cues will reliably keep you informed when a stud or a live AC wire is found.
After that, you mark the location of an object with a pencil, and you’re ready to continue your work.