The Bosch D-Tect 150 is perhaps the highest tech stud finder out there.
It’s a jack of all trades, detecting any materials you could possibly imagine behind surfaces, including plastic and AC current, as well as distinguishing between them and giving a permitted drilling depth.
Let’s have a quick look first of all.
Ultra Wide Band (UWB) radar technology
Ultra Wide Band (UWB) radar technology
|Bosch D-Tect 150||Weight: 8 ounces
Dimension: 8.8 x 3.8 x 4.3 inches
Package Quantity: 1
|Check On Amazon|
Bosch D-Tect is the most diverse stud finder we’ve come across, with seven different surface modes:
- Wet concrete
- Deep concrete
- In-floor heating
- Signal view
Pro & Cons of Bosch D-Tect 150 Wallscanner
- Bosch D-Tect150 has seven detection mode feature with radar feature Technology.
- It shows the large illuminated display.
- Now you can do the detection of metals with the help of Bosch D-Tect150.
- It can do the deep and wide detection of materials and studs.
- It will give you the accurate and precise results.
- Sometimes, it detects live wire as a stud.
Specifications of Bosch D-Tect 150 Wallscanner
- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Part Number: D-Tect15
- Dimensions: 8.8 x 3.8 x 4.3 inches
- Batteries: 4 AA batteries
- Material: Plastic
Bosch D-Tect 150 Wallscanner Features
|It is the best Bosch D-Tect150, where it provides seven detection modes.|
|The display of Bosch D-Tect150 is amazing, having an easy to read colour display.|
|it can indicate the depth and location of the targeted object. The detection strength of this tool is great.|
|It can do self-calibrating where calibration from the start of detection and continuous to self calibrate throughout the project.|
|It shows patented Ultra-wideband Radar Technology for the detection of material’s depth and width information.|
Bosch D-Tect 150 Wallscanner Qualities
The accuracy is never faltering as the seven different detection modes mean the device can be switched to best suit the situation and consistently give accurate results regardless of other variables like the environment.
The Bosch D-Tect 150 is precise to the millimetre when giving dimensions of anything detected like Bosch GMS120.
The display screen will clearly show you both the edges of studs and the centre as well as the depth.
You’ll have a full picture in your mind of what lies behind the surface once you’ve finished using this product.
There seem to be no problems with false negatives or positives, a common problem in stud finders, so you can rely on this device to give you the results you need without any uncertainty.
It can also show you two detections at once, using two different peaks on the display screen.
With a clearer picture of what’s going on when there are multiple detections, you’ll be able to look at the bigger picture rather than focusing on one stud at a time.
Things to know before buying Bosch D-150 Wallscanner
- The D-Tect 150 might be one of the most valuable tools you’ll ever use, so you’ll be pleased to hear that as stud finders go it’s relatively indestructible – your investment isn’t going to be short-lived.
- It can be dropped from 1 metre without any damage occurring, which, let’s be honest, would probably mess up any other stud finder at least a little bit.
- With its sturdy build though comes a little extra weight, the device weighing 3 pounds. But in this case, that’s almost a good thing.
- At least you’ve got that assurance that there’s some substance behind the device you’re paying for.
- For a stud finder this well built and high tech, you’d expect it to be slightly heftier than other, flimsier devices.
- Plus, it does everything, so there’s no need to carry around any additional scanners.
- Its IP rating is also IP54, meaning that you can trust that the device is sealed securely to protect the electrics inside from any water spray or dust.
- The 150 can handle almost any construction environment it’s thrown into, so whatever the size of the job, you’re sorted.
- And then, as if it hadn’t just withstood a blitz of the drill dust, water sprays, and being dropped from a height, it comes with a carry case to protect it even further on the way home.
Being so high tech, the D-Tect can come across as quite complex and in a way, it is.
It’s complex in the way it works and the many things it does but despite this, it’s still actually fairly easy to use once you’ve got the hang on it.
It self calibrates once you begin and continuously does so whilst you use it, so there’s no need to spend time and thought to calibrate after each detection.
Your thoughts should simply be with the results it’s giving you, and the display system, as well as the LED light indicators, let you easily see what’s going on.
The LED light follows a colour system:
- Green when nothing is detected behind that area
- Red when something has been detected
- Flashing red when an AC wire has been detected
This gives a general idea of what you’re dealing with, but then the display screen (the next thing you direct your attention to) will give you much more in-depth information but displayed in a simple way.
It will show you where the edge and centre of studs are, and also tell you with symbols the detected material, including, if a metal detection, whether ferrous or non-ferrous.
It also tells you if the detection is too deep to properly identify, so rather than leaving you completely in the dark, you’ll have a rough idea of obstructions that lay beyond the Bosch D-Tect’s range.
The only real difficulty comes from the four-wheel design system. Whilst this design is in place to make scanning smoother and easier, sometimes the wheels cause the device to slip.
This can cause the device to restart which is somewhat of a nuisance as it hinders the speed of your progress.
We found though that this is easily rectified by taking a little extra care in keeping the Bosch firmly in position or on track.
The DTECT 150 is pricey, but could actually SAVE you money
I know you’re probably thinking the same as I did at first, that no stud finder is worth that much money. BUT ‘stud finder’ isn’t really a label that does the D-Tect justice, as it’s so much more than that.
It’s the perfect tool for anyone working in construction, with so many modes and the ability to identify and distinguish between different materials.
It’s the precision and reliability you’re paying for, you’ll know exactly what’s behind surfaces.
By the time you’ve gone through countless cheaper ones, trying to find one that actually does the trick, you might even have spent over what you’d pay for this one anyway.
There’s also the drill depth indication, so this Bosch does half of the thinking for you, eradicating any chance of human error and by extension, danger.
Using a less reliable stud finder may leave you with some irreparable damage, which in the long run is going to be a lot more expensive than simply investing in a product you know you can trust (the Bosch D-Tect 150).
Q 1: Is this stud finder helpful in the detection of pipes on the floor?
Ans: Yes, the Bosch D-Tect150 wall or floor scanner is beneficial in the discovery of plastic pipe as well as ferrous and nonferrous metals, wood, and live wires up to 6 inches Deep.
It can detect the pipes in concrete, deep concrete, wet concrete, drywall, metal etc.
Q 2: Will Bosch D-Tect150 detect living things like insects in the wall?
Ans: As this stud, scanner detect the wood, plastic pipes, wires, ferrous and nonferrous metals but unfortunately it will not identify insects such as ants or termites in the wall.
Q 3: What is the product dimensions of Bosch D-Tect150?
Ans: The product dimension of this wall scanner is 8.8 x 3.8 x 4.3 inches.
Q 4: Can this stud scanner give accurate results?
Ans: Yes, Bosch D-Tect150 can provide the results with greater accuracy and precision.
Therefore, it is more productive and more profitable.
There are many laser measures, Rotary laser, point laser, line laser, and many accessories which helps reduce the precise results so that you will be able to work smarter.
Now, you can detect the stud and metals from the edges of the wall of this stud scanner. It is the best wall scanner and is famous for its professional uses.
It is ideal for construction where it allowed the user to be more productive without much effort and also get accurate results.
This is the ultimate stud finder for any construction professional.
It will last you a while, if not a lifetime, and make redundant any other scanners in the toolbox – this does everything.
With a 6 inch range as well, the performance of this device is particularly impressive. It’s pricey but for good reason, it’s not going to let you down.