So you’ll be pleased to hear that this Zircon is both water and dust resistant, and is of a bulky build, so it’s not going to break any time soon.
Let’s have a quick look before going into details of X85 Zircon.
|Zircon 68174 MultiScanner X85||Weight: 13.6 ounces|
Dimension: 6 x 3 x 9 inches
Customer Reviews: 3.9 out of 5 stars
|Check On Amazon|
If you’re looking for a stud finder that can help you detect anything and everything you’d possibly need to know about, this is the device for you. It has almost all the features that Zircon MS 70 stud finder has.
It can help you find stud edges and centers, up to 1 ½ inches deep.
Zircon 68174 MultiScanner X85 Specification
|Item Weight: 8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions: 1.8 x 3.2 x 7.7 inches|
|Colour: Multi-Color Display|
|Style: A250c Multi-Color Display|
|Batteries Required?: Yes|
|Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces|
- The center of the stud will trigger an audible beeping and a spotlight pointer so that you get the exact location of the stud.
- Furthermore, It also scans for live wires behind walls, and through thermal detection, it can identify heated water-filled pipes so that you can be completely confident that there are no nasty surprises hiding behind the surface.
- To get the different results, just switch between modes depending on what you’re hoping to detect. You can switch modes easily by just pressing the buttons below the LCD screen.
If you use stud finders a lot, you’ll know that some can be a nightmare to use, but the Zircon 68174 is actually easy and even enjoyable to use.
It’s designed perfectly for the hand, so you can easily and comfortably scan surfaces.
The bright LCD screen also makes retrieving and understanding readings as easy as possible.
Furthermore, You’ll get a visual representation of what’s going on beneath the surface, through signal strength indicators that increase and decrease as you pass over studs.
It can also be used on several different surfaces, so whatever job you need doing, this device can help.
The price is obviously the biggest turn off for this device, as none of us want to spend more than we have to.
- But once you look at all the different abilities of the Zircon Multiscanner X85, the price makes sense.
- This is a much more professional device, and the technology behind it is quite impressive.
- You definitely won’t miss anything out of your wall scanning, and you can rest assured that the results are reliable and accurate, and will keep you safe.
- The only other thing to note is how the batteries can affect performance. Batteries that are nearing the end of their life will decrease the accuracy and reliability of the device.
Whilst it will still work, it may falter occasionally.
So it’s important to make sure you use batteries that have plenty of life left in them.
This Zircon has a low battery indicator, so trust it when it says it needs new batteries and you shouldn’t have any issues.
How can you install the batteries in Zircon 68174 MultiScanner X85?
In zircon MS X85 you would require three new AAA batteries.
For installing the battery, you have to locate the battery door on the lower backside of the tool. First of all, press the door of the battery and lift it.
If the old batteries are not working, remove it, and insert the new three AAA batteries by matching it with positive and negative terminals. You can get the information from the manual.
Tips for operating the multi scanner X85?
- When you start taking the reading, you must hold the handle with your thumb on one side and the fingers on the other side.
- Your fingers must not touch the ground on which you are doing the function.
- During functioning, do not rotate the multi scanner and hold it straight up and down position.
- As I discussed earlier that your fingers should not touch the ground; similarly your any other body part must not touch the ground unless it will interfere in the results.
- You will not be able to get the accurate reading when you have put your hand or any other body part on the ground which you are examining.
Zircon 68174 Silent Features
- It is a multi-surface scanner. You can detect track and also track live AC wiring with this Zircon MS X85.
- It performs PEXtubing, active water heating to help you easily find tacks, avoid hazards, and detect radiant floor heating systems.
- ACT (Auto Correcting Technology) is an amazing technology where you can solve common errors such as both modes locate the center of the edge, and direction of wooden dowels or metal and joints.
- The AC scan mode function finds and locates unshielded electrical AC cables.
- In contrast, the thermal analysis function lets you actively locate and map 13mm diameter heated heaters with water-filled PEX tubes up to 5cm. 50 mm depth.
- The patented arrow-shaped spotlight system indicates the location of the target, while the ergonomic grip design allows comfortable use regardless of hand size.
- You can check that it is the time to replace the battery because of the low battery indicator alerts.
- The battery should be up to the mark for optimal performance.
what is the Warranty of MS X85?
Zircon MS X85 has a limited lifetime warranty.
Zircon Corporation gives the warranty of materials used in this stud finder.
But they are not giving warranty to the consumable parts such as batteries and software as they can have problems anytime due to the usage of the tool.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Is this tool will detect nails and other metal objects in rough cut lumber.
Answer: It is a better tool to detect nails in rough-cut lumber because it needs to be depressed against the scanning surface the whole time that it is scanning.
Question 2: Can we use Zircon MS X85 to detect nails without compromising the function of zircon edge finding stud sensors?
Answer: You can use the metal scan to find nail heads.
Question 3: Will this detect through plaster walls?
Answer: Yes it will. This is the best stud finder I have had. It works VERY well!
Question 4: Will Zircon MS X85 will find studs behind marble tile?
Answer: No, it will not be able to find a stud behind marble tile, because it is too dense material for electronic stud finders to scan through.
Question 5: Can this device differentiate between wooden studs and metallic heating ducts that are immediately adjacent to one another in the sheetrock wall?
Answer: In the stud finding modes, a density change is a density change to the scanner.
Whether it’s a wooden stud, or something else, it registers as a simple density change.
It has a very good metal scan mode that will tell you if the stud mode is reacting to is metallic.
You would have to switch to a “metal scan” mode to verify. So, in a sense, the answer to your question is a qualified yes.
The zircon multi scanner X85 is a unique wall scanner with its patented ergonomic pinch grip design.
It has the latest density detection software.
It can scan AC wiring in live unshielded and locate the edges and center of the wood and metal poles.
The central mode button makes it easy to switch functions. You can use the stud scanning modes to detect, locate, map, and track live wires.