The Zircon MS 540 is a fairly simple looking device, but it’s priced a little higher than many of Zircon’s simple models.
so what is it that sets this stud finder apart from the others?
This makes it the ideal stud finder for almost any DIY job.
|Zircon MS 540 Multiscanner||Weight: 11.2 ounces
Dimensions: 8.5 x 4 x 2 inches
|Check On Amazon|
This is a good stud finder if you’re after a device that you can use independently of other devices.
You’ll be able to detect studs and joists of course, but you can also scan for ferrous and non-ferrous metals, as well as live wires.
Many stud finders are limited in terms of what surfaces you can use them on, but this stud finder works on different types of walls, ceilings, and floors.
So you can be sure there won’t be any nasty surprises behind your surface.
Table of Contents
One thing to note though is that wires can only be detected up to 2 inches deep, and may not be detected if they are shielded in metal conduit.
|Zircon MS 540 Specifications:|
|weight: 11.2 ounces|
|Dimensions: 8.5 x 4 x 2 inches|
|Item Pack Qty: one|
|Certification: certified frustration-free|
|Components included: (1) Zircon Multi scanner 540|
|Are the batteries needed?: Yes|
|Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces|
- With zircon MS 540, you can locate the center, edges, and wooden or metal directional buttons, which are three by 4 inches.
- You can also locate metal, non-ferrous such as copper tubes, which are generally up to 1.5 inches deep.
- With the help of AC scan mode, it can Narula location of life AC wiring up to 2 inches dip.
- It automatically detects the wire up to 2 inches deep. The unshielded electric wires can be detected with the help of this stud finder.
- Zircon multi scanner 540 indicates the object’s location with the help of a spotlight pointing system that shines a red beam on the scanned surface.
MS 540 review summary:
- This is a good device if you’re hoping for a reasonably priced stud finder, metal detector, and live wire finder.
- It’s one of the better all in one device out there but requires a bit of time to master using it.
- If you don’t mind not having ACT or an integrated marking system (that you can mark out your detections with), then this is the device for you, but if those are features that you’d rather pay a little more for, check out the Zircon MS 740, a slightly more high tech device.
The MS 540, as you might expect, is fairly similar to the Zircon MS 740.
Many of its features remain the same, apart from its lack of auto-correcting technology and an integrated marking system.
Whilst these features aren’t necessary to successful scanning, and the MS 540 works perfectly well without them, they would make scanning easier, which is why this device isn’t priced quite so highly as the MS 740.
How to use Zircon 540 stud finder?
This Zircon model is fairly sensitive, and a shaky hand can impact the accuracy of your results.
For reliable readings, you need to make sure you move the device slowly across surfaces, otherwise, you might find the screen telling you there’s an ‘error’ as it struggles to detect hidden materials when moved quickly.
To avoid errors like these, and make your life easier, make sure you read the manual, as following the instructions clearly can produce better and more accurate results.
Once you’ve mastered how to use this device, you shouldn’t encounter any difficulties with the results.
MS 540 working Pattern:
- As with most stud finders, you can be more confident in the readings of this Zircon if you scan an area more than once, starting from a different point.
- This can rule out any errors that might have occurred during the first scan, like starting over a stud.
- Because this device doesn’t have ACT (auto-correcting technology) scanning more than once is definitely advisable – you don’t want to miss anything.
What Is Zircon MS 540 Scanning Depth?
Zircon MS 540 is an amazing tool where it can also find the center and edges with stud finding modes.
You can find the center of the wood and also the edges with the help of zircon MS 540.
It can also metal stud behind the wall ceilings and floors.
You will be able to find the shallow wood or metal stud, which is up 0.75 of an inch deep. If you want to scan the depth to 1.5 inches, then it will do a deep scan.
Zircon MS 540 Battery Power:
A fresh battery is required to install with an extended expiration date.
The battery is mighty and is used to power the integrated LCD screen in zircon tools. 9V alkaline battery needed to use with the battery.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1: Does the Multi Scanner 540 include a battery?
Answer: The battery is not included with the package.
But for Best the performance a brand-new, 9V alkaline battery is required to power the MS 540 correctly.
Question 2: Does the stud finder need to be calibrated?
Answer: Yes, as with all Zircon stud finders, the Multi Scanner 540 needs to calibrate to the surface before scanning.
Question 3: What is the Weight of MS 540?
The weight of zircon MS 540 is 11.2 ounces. So it is light in weight, easy to carry, and easy to use.
Question 4: What is the Warranty of MS 540?
Zircon MS 540 gives you a 1-year warranty.
Zircon MS 540 is a fantastic stud finder.
If you are thinking of getting the reasonably priced stud finder, then zircon MS 540 is one of them.
Furthermore, It is all in one where it is a metal detector, stud finder, and livewire finder at the same time.
Moreover, It is a little more complicated, so you have to give some time to master it.
SO, It can work on different types of ceilings, floors, and walls. It can also detect live wire very easily.