The Extech HDV540 is a very advanced piece of equipment that lets you insert a tiny camera tube into a confined space and detect things that you otherwise would never have been able to see.
It’s great for locating studs in walls without doing much damage to the wall.
You could make a tiny hole in the stud wall and insert the tube inside, allowing you to look for things that could get in the way as you take the wall apart or look for something to screw into.
High Definition VideoScope
High Definition VideoScope
|ExTech HDV540 Videoscope||Weight: 14.1 ounces
Dimension: 4.3 x 1.6 x 8.3 inches
Package Quantity: 1
|Check On Amazon|
This review will go over what you can expect when you purchase the Extech HDV540 and some things to consider before buying it.
Furthermore, We’ve tried to keep the review simple and easy to understand so you can get a good overview of this product and what it can do.
Pro & Cons of ExTech HDV540 Videoscope
- It has 4GB SD card where you can store more than 20,000 images.
- The camera probe used in this VideoScope is a compact and also a high-resolution waterproof VideoScope.
- The handset is wired and has a non-detachable 6mm flexible probe.
- The video tube tip is longer in size.
What’s good about the HDV540
- A tiny torch on the end of the camera: This allows you to easily light up and view hard to reach areas in tiny holes.
Great for locating studs, finding objects that have got lost in a tiny cavity or general DIY work.
- It’s rechargeable: A lot of stud finders need batteries and the cost for constantly replacing them can add up, but this can just be plugged in and charged
- Lightweight: Moreover, It only weighs 14 ounces which considering what it can do, isn’t that heavy. It can be held easily and maneuvered with ease as you go about your work!
- The tip is waterproof: This makes it even more useful, the video camera on the end of the tube is actually completely waterproof, so you can examine things underwater just as easily.
- Stores 20,000 images on the memory card: So you won’t ever really run out of memory when you’re taking pictures of what you find.
Extech HDV540 Features
- It has a high-resolution waterproof camera probe which is also compact.
- It has a known detachable 6-millimeter flexible probe with a macro lens.
- This is an amazing high definition VideoScope having wired handset.
- This VideoScope has 3.5-inch color LCD TFT and the pixel resolution is also high which is 320 x 240.
Things to know before buying ExTech HDV540 Videoscope
This is a solid product but some things that could be improved are that it could be longer.
And the video tube tip is fairly long but it might be slightly better if it was longer and allowed for harder to reach areas.
That being said, 95% or more of the issues that you’re looking to fix with this will be fixed. Similar to DeWalt DCT419S1 is also do have wide-screen for better display.
The HDV540 is an advanced bit of gear and it’s expensive.
As such, it’s in limited supply and frequently goes out of stock.
ExTech HDV540 Videoscope Characteristics
Overall, it’s a great, solid product.
The price tag is high but then again, it can do a lot.
It’s a very powerful and advanced bit of kit and can make certain jobs a thousand times easier for you. It’s worth thinking about what you’ll be using it for, before buying.
The Extech HDV540 comes with the two years warranty.
It also supplies a 3.7 V rechargeable battery, AV cable charger, USB cable, and SD card.
Q 1: Can we look at the tiny holes with the help of this Extech HDV540?
Ans: Yes, we can easily locate the tiny holes with the help of this VideoScope as it is a high-resolution VideoScope.
With the help of the tiny torch at the end of the camera, you can easily reach the tiny holes. You can also find small objects or studs with the help of Extech HDV540.
Q 2: What is the dimension of Extech HDV540?
Ans: The product dimensions of Extech HDV540 is 4.3 x 1.6 x 8.3 inches. This shows that you can easily handle this VideoScope. It is also easy to use VideoScope with many amazing features.
Q 3: Can we examine the tiny things underwater with the help of Extech HDV540?
Ans: Yes, we can examine the small and tiny things with the help of Extech HDV540.
This is because of the waterproof feature of this VideoScope.
The tip of the tube is completely waterproof ao it can be more useful. We are able to locate the things with the help of a waterproof tip even underwater.
Q 4: Can we transfer the images from this VideoScope to the PC?
Ans: Yes, you can easily transfer the images from Extech HDV540 to PC with the help of a USB or SD card. Now, you can store 20,000 images in the memory card which makes it a more unique device.
By transferring the images to the PC, you can easily locate the images in-depth and can examine it more carefully. You can also record the audio or video with the help of video mode in the device.
Q 5: Can we locate the tiny things in the darkened areas where the light cannot reach?
Ans: Yes, we can locate the tiny things in the darkened areas with the help of four super bright LED lamps with close field view. You can get the images with a high resolution of 320 x 240 pixels and can also transfer it to the monitor.
Fro, the above discussion, we have concluded that it is the best high definition VideoScope with the help of which you can detect the things very easily.
You can locate the studs in the walls without damaging the wall.
There are many qualities of Extech HDV540 as it is rechargeable, light in weight, and waterproof.
As it is an advanced tool so it’s quite expensive but you will be amazed by its results.