The Franklin ProSensor 710 has gained quite a lot of popularity amongst users of stud finders, so we thought we’d find out if there’s a good reason behind it.
This is a more unusual stud finder, taking a different form than the typical build of most stud finders, using LED lights rather than a display screen.
It is fairly simple and cannot detect AC Current but instead focuses on its ability to precisely locate studs.
Advanced Multi-Sense technology
Advanced Multi-Sense technology
|Franklin ProSensor 710||Weight: 9 ounces
Dimension: 7 x 3 x 2 inches
Package Quantity: 1
|Check On Amazon|
Although the ProSensor doesn’t have the display screen you’d find on most other stud finders, it is actually a much more visual device.
The bright LED lights that line the top of this device light up not only to alert you to the presence of studs but also to show you their width.
Pro & Cons of Franklin ProSensor 710
- You can find the material without noise.
- There are only one power button and no other buttons to hold while taking readings. In this stud scanner, you have to glide the Franklin ProSensor 710 across the surface.
- The ionization energy of this StudSensor is excellent.
- You can use this stud scanner for a longer period of time.
- Little high in price but price its quality worth that price.
Features of 710 Franklin ProSensor
- It is a versatile and efficient stud scanner like Zircon Studsensor I65.
- The weight of the Franklin ProSensor 710 is 9 ounces. So, it is light in weight tool.
- There is a bright LED light that will illuminate when you will find the stud or any smaller material.
- It can sense the stud at multiple locations simultaneously with the help of Advanced multi-sense technology.
- It can also deeps scan the studs.
- You will also know the width of the hidden objects as well as the location of the objects. So with this stud scanner, you can find the size of the stud or metal.
Specifications of Franklin ProSensor 710 Stud Finder
|Style: Yellow Precision Stud Finder|
|Finish: Smooth Plastic|
|Material: Plastic, Electronic Components|
|Batteries: 2 AA batteries needed.|
|Size: Full Size|
Franklin 710 Manual
For checking the stud or any hidden material, you must hold the stud finder by the handle. If you touch the detector outside of the handle area, you will not get the required results.
So, you must avoid this thing.
- Now, put it on the surface and press the “on” button. Make sure that you continue to hold the button for some time.
- When the LED light is illuminated, then it displays the location of any hidden objects.
- If we talk about replacing the battery, it is necessary to replace it because, after some time, the battery end. You can replace it with the two new AA alkaline batteries.
- There are no ambiguous readings, only a clear depiction of the stud you’re dealing with. It’s simple but shows you exactly what you need.
- This is the only indicator that the device has detected something though, so there’s no audible alert with this one, which is probably a bonus for anyone who finds themselves slightly irritated by the beeping of various other stud finders.
Things to know before buying Franklin 710 Prosensor
There are no buttons on the 710, apart from the power button, so literally all you need to do is hold it up to the wall and start scanning. It couldn’t be any easier.
There’s also no real concern with making sure you can slowly, as this Franklin scans multiple parts of the wall at once and works instead with density.
There’s no need to calibrate so you can just glide across a surface and find stud/s – that’s right, it can highlight more than one stud at a time, a feature we were particularly impressed with.
So with no instructions to decode, or buttons to fiddle around with, its undoubtedly the fastest and easiest stud finder we’ve come across.
Often with something so simple and seemingly flawless we’d expect there to maybe be problems with accuracy or reliability.
Franklin ProSensor 710 Qualities
The Franklin ProSensor proved error-free.
The only thing to bear in mind is that if a stud appears to be larger than three lights wide, it may not be a stud at all. The 710 scans for density, meaning that detections may not always be studs.
This shouldn’t be a problem as long as you know to look out for any unusual dimensions that the device may identify and don’t mark them down as studs.
Similarly, something to be aware of is that the device may not work effectively if used on a surface with insulation with foil backing.
The ProSensor 710 Franklin is a relatively light product, weighing only 9 ounces it’s easy to carry around and avoids the problem of your arm tiring as you hold it to the wall.
Without a display screen, it also means it doesn’t matter too much if it gets scratched up somehow, as scratches won’t affect your ability to read the results.
Characteristics of Franklin 710
- And if the pair included with the stud finder run out of juice, it’s easy to get hold of rechargeable ones or even quite likely that you’ll already have some laying around in a drawer at home.
- A lot of stud finders cost a lot more money than the mere $50 that this one is priced at, but this one is equally as (if not more) reliable and accurate as some at the higher end of the price scale.
- So for fifty bucks it’s a bargain and does exactly what you need with no messing around.
- Whilst it doesn’t include an AC Scanner, it’s still fairly cheap for a simple stud finder, especially considering it can detect both wooden studs and metal joists – there are plenty of products out there that only do one of those features yet are priced higher than the ProSensor.
Franklin 710 Quick Buying Guide
Franklin ProSensor 710 plus is the most efficient and accurate stud scanner where it can also do the most profound sensing of the materials.
The maximum detection of Franklin ProSensor 710 plus is 1.6 inches. It is made up of high-quality materials and can withstand damages when dropping off from height.
It has 7 inches extra-wide LED display where you can find the center and edges of the studs.
So, If you are looking for a device that has all the properties mentioned above then Franklin ProSensor 710 is made for you.
Franklin ProSensor 710 vs. x1100
Franklin ProSensor 710 can do the accurate and in-depth sensing of the studs and materials just like x1100. Both are very efficient and give reliable and efficient results.
But the main difference between Franklin ProSensor 710 and x1100 is that in x1100 there is horizontal LED displays range from 3 to 7 inches.
Franklin ProSensor 710 vs. Franklin T13
The main difference between Franklin ProSensor 710 and Franklin T13 is that T13 is slightly longer than the ProSensor 710.
Franklin T 13 is 7-3/8″ wide whereas Franklin ProSensor 710 is 7-1/8″ wide and less than 3″ tall.
Q 1: Can we detect the multiple studs at the same time?
Ans: Yes, we can identify multiple studs simultaneously with the help of Franklin ProSensor 710.
It can easily find the center and edges of the studs with Precision and accuracy at the same time. All this can be possible with advanced multi-sense technology of Franklin ProSensor 710
Q2: Is this stud sensor comes with an LED screen to find studs or small materials?
Ans: No, it does not come with an LED screen; in fact, it comes with the Bright LED lights, which illuminate when it indicates the position of the hidden objects such as studs.
So, it is effortless to evaluate the location of the studs with the indication of the bright LED light.
Q 3: Is it helpful in detecting the studs behind the Plaster, and will it identify wires?
Ans: Yes, Franklin ProSensor 710 is very helpful in the detection of the studs behind the Plaster.
It can detect the studs behind the Plaster reliably and efficiently.
However, it does not work for wire tracing at all. You will have to look for other devices for detecting wire.
Q 4: Is there any difference between the Yellow and Blue unit of Franklin ProSensor 710, why the blue one is less expensive?
Ans: There is no difference between the Yellow and Blue version of Franklin ProSensor 710. As from my observation, the blue one is on sale, but there is no difference between the two units.
The blue one also works appropriately and efficiently, just like the yellow version. It is only a difference in color.
Franklin ProSensor 710 is the reliable tool giving accurate results. It also saves your time in finding the material by yourself.
One of the qualities of this stud sensor is that it can find the width of the hidden objects.
You can also visualize the position of the studs with the help of LED lights which illuminates after that finding.
You can find the stud sensor in two colors at a reasonable price and packed with features that you search for.
The ProSensor 710 Franklin is definitely one of the best at what it does; there’s no question of its reliability and no qualms over its the price.
If you don’t already have an all-in-one tracer to detect live wires though, or if you don’t have any idea of where the wires are located, the ProSensor’s lack of AC Scanner may be a deal-breaker for you. Other than that, a seemingly flawless product.